Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Space Between Reality and Longing

I wan't to finish my death story, I hate to call it that by the way but in reality that's what it is isn't it. But for now I need to express this inability to accept the reality that my baby has died my beautiful piece of me and her twin sister that no longer exists here on earth with us. Instead I find myself stuck in longing. Longing to hold her precious body, longing to see how she would be today as a 3 month old. Longing to see how she would interact with her twin and her older brother and sister. She payed special attention to them in the 2 months she was here with us it was almost like she knew she had to imprint on her surviving siblings. She wanted them to remember her and how sweet and perfect she was. I just long for her and in reality I can't let her go.


EvANGELyn
Tiny Angel rest your wings 
sit with me for awhile. 
How I long to hold your hand, 
And see your tender smile. 
Tiny Angel, look at me, 
I want this image clear.... 
That I will forget your precious face 
Is my biggest fear. 
Tiny Angel can you tell me, 
Why you have gone away? 
You weren't here for very long.... 
Why is it, you couldn't stay? 
Tiny Angel shook her head, 
"These things I do not know.... 
But I do know that you love me, 
And that I love you so". 
     -Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) I know I already told you this, but Eveangelyn is such a gorgeous name. Thanks for sharing this sweet poem. ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete